Monday, September 15, 2008

We're cookin wih FIRE!



I think tonight was the closest I have ever come to catching my house on fire. I was making dinner and had taken the chicken out of the oven and THOUGHT I turned the oven to broil but I really (without noticing) turned on the back burner to high. So I'm going about my business cutting the kids chicken up so it can cool and all the sudden I hear a LOUD pop and then crash sound. At first I look at Ben like huh then at the stove and there was glass everywhere and a dish towel on fire. Ben was to the rescue in no time at all and had the fire out. Good thing he was there because it took forever for me to register what was going on but no I didn't stop drop and roll ;). Here's the o so sad part though...of course it wasn't my towel or casserole dish that fell victim. We had a friend over for dinner last week and she so kindly brought and left dessert and of course her stuff had been sitting on that burner for a few days waiting to be returned. Hopefully she can forgive me!

1 comment:

The Barton Family said...

that happened to me once, what a messs!! Good thing Fireman Ben was there!