Wednesday, October 1, 2008

6 Quirks...maybe I need therapy!

My dear friend Marla tagged me to write 6 unspectacular quirks about myself. Really how sad that I have to confess my less then desirable qualities but whatever here it goes anyway...I'm sure there are far more then 6 but lets stick to the basics shall we...

1. I have major issues with things being left open! It drives me NUTS when someone doesn't close the shower curtain, kitchen cabinet, or closet door...grrrrrr! I realize its such an easy fix but it still drives me bonkers to the point of brief grouchiness.

2. I'm a picker and I bite my nails...ASHAMED...yeah so am I! Seriously though if I'm gonna have such bad skin at this age I'm gonna sit in front of the mirror at night, pick, and take the days frustrations out on my pimples...its gross and I know better but I cant help it. If I don't have a fresh manicure game over I chew my nails...I know I know licking a toilet seat is cleaner blah blah but again I cant help it.

3. I have a potty mouth! Its horrible and I'm ashamed and yes this is a family blog but seriously what better word out there expresses every emotion then the word shit. I'm serious, happy, sad, mad, excited, surprised, whatever it works. I'm working on this though and I think its getting better...well unless of course someone does the thing #1 speaks of ;)

4. I am obsessed, hooked, addicted, call it whatever to Sonic Happy Hour. This wouldn't be bad if Sonic wasn't so far away. Nothing tastes as good as a diet coke with vanilla from Sonic smack dab in the middle of the day. Its o so refreshing, but you figure a dollar a day adds up to $5 a week (I don't get it on the weekends) and thats $20 a month PLUS all the out of the way driving and after a few months thats a babysitter and a date night. Yeah maybe I should get help and give it up.

5. I can keep a super clean house but I have junkie closets. So sad but its like my out, that one space I can open and toss...it feels so good to be a rebel! Its so frustrating at the same time tho because I know theres something good lurking somewhere in the back but forget being able to find it. I will say I have a fabulous hot pink closet in this house that I do keep o so tidy.

6. The worst for last. I hate admitting this because I am 26 years old dangit and I should know better but I HATE being told no in any and every retail situation. I have a shopping issue and man o man do I hate that Ben puts the brakes on me and buying stuff. I swear when I get told no I want to lay on the floor kicking and screaming and throwing the biggest fit ever but I dint, only because I know how nasty those mall floors are. For real tho I need a money tree in my backyard and a husband that's oblivious to my spending habits. His mom shops so why doesn't he grasp the vital concept of girls just want to buy stuff? Sigh...life is rough ;)

Phew I'm glad thats all over! Ok so now I'm gonna tag some of you lovely ladies to confess 6 undesirable quirks about yourselves. I'm gonna go for the fam so get confessing Moe, Tara, Hodo, JBB, and Erin!
Here are the rules:Link to the person who tagged you
Mention the rules on your blog
Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
Tag some more people if you so desire.

4 comments:

utahnelsonfamily said...

Amber, I'm so proud of you. I have to confess that it drives me nuts also when things are left open like it such a effort to shut it. I'm also working on the potty mouth and your right that word does just fit everything. I haven't had a Diet Vanilla Coke since you moved. Marla

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl. Your blog is super cute too. Everything is good. How is everything going with you in Georgia?

Yeah so I basically love him. I suppose I will keep him around.

Trezise Momma said...

Okay, I finished my forced confession. It was actually kind of fun. Your 6 made me laugh, and made me feel normal. Although not exactly the same, you and I have similar quirks and I just felt justified knowing there were others out there like me, so thanks.

Ashley Harris said...

Firstly let me just say, thank you for not tagging me. I have so many things I couldn't narrow it down. And seriously, you are hilarious and I would love to be a fly on the wall when you throw something into the junkie closet and you stub your toe and the SH word comes out! LOL! Take care you!