Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I can not even begin to express my love for Christmas! My obsession started when I was little and no not because of the gifts but I have always always loved the decorations! I remember growing up and feeling like my mom truly transformed our house at Christmas. The memories will be with me forever...the decorations all over, the Christmas music, the smell of Christmas all in the house, my dad making peanut brittle and popcorn cakes....I LOVE IT ALL! This feeling is something that I strive for my kids to remember...yes the gifts are fun but most of all I hope they remember my love for all that is Christmas and the warm feeling I try to bring into our home each year for it!

Here's some of our decorations...
Living Room Tree...Santa delivers to this tree according to the kiddos
Holy Moly I HEART this Nativity! This pic does it NO justice what so ever
...and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care
The kids tree in the "playroom"
This one is in the dining room
I would loved to have 4 trees and sadly I have enough ornaments to do that many but the look on Bens face put the major brakes on that idea! So sad O well maybe I can sneak up 2 big ones next year. ALSO I need a vote here...Ben is super upset that we only have white lights so after hearing all the comments about it I caved and we did colored lights outside (cringe! yeah I know) sooo tell me do you prefer white or colored lights on your tree and house?
One more thing...go to my sisters blog (Alisha Barton) she is giving away some super cute Christmas vinyl for your home so go check it out and leave a comment to win!

5 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

White on the inside, but color is okay on the outside if it's done right. Will likes colored lights too. Some years he wants those on our tree, and I give in. But I am with you, white would be my preference all around if I had my way. Darn those Hubbies with opinions! Cute holiday decor!

Mommacita said...

Definetely a white girl--inside and out. LOVE LOVE LOVE white lights. I feel they make anything look better and brighter for the holidays. LOVE your decorations--as always, Rem, you do a great job. I miss that you aren't here to help me do mine. Sadly, I still have my Thanksgiving stuff up and will for another few days as I'm working on the ward newsletter until probably Thursday, then we're out of town until Sunday sooooooooooo maybe Monday or Tuesday next week my house might start to resemble Christmas. I heart that nativity too! Where or where did you find it? Dad bought a small (4 foot) tree with white lights tonight to sit on top of a table. Not going to put the big tree up this year--just feels like too much with just the three of us home for the holidays. Sniff, sniff, sad huh? Glad you have some good memories of Christmases past. Does a mothers heart good to hear that some of those traditions meant something to one of you!

John and Victoria said...

What a cute nativity that is... I just love all your decorations. John was telling me that he thinks you're the craftiest person we know...and have ever met. I think I'd like to be crafty, it could be fun. By the way, the craft that we're doing at your place looks cute. You mentioned before that you like making ornaments and decorations, if you need a crafty buddy you know who to call!

Julia said...

I like the white - may be just because I don't think there were any colored once in Germany when I grew up. So- now you know it. I love all your decorations as well. Lucky me I have a friend that can help me find my creative side somewhere ( we just might have to dig a little deeper :)) Be patient my friend!

Lisa Brown said...

I love colored lights for both - especially if you have glass balls on your tree so they reflect. It is what I grew up with, which makes me love it more. I think it depends on your tree decorations though - my tree is totally icclectic, and so it fits with colored lights. You can see it here: http://lisabrown.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/we-need-a-littl.html