Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Festive Saturday

We had a busy busy day filled with lots of Christmas fun...here is what we were up to
We started the morning off with the Richmond Hill Parade


Eastons favorite part was the Marching Bands and Paisleys favorite was the Disney float


Our friends the Sullivan's were in the Parade and we watched it with our friend Chloe and her mom Sheri
After the parade was over we snuck off to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch (YUMMM) and then we ventured to the Fair on the Square...they had fun rides, fake snow, lots of kids crafts, and even some shopping

We then went and shared with Santa our Christmas wish list and Mom was able to sneak in a few Christmas purchases unnoticed by the kiddos (nice!)
We ended the day with a ride on the train in the "Caboobs" as Pais called it
Merry Christmas Everyone! We are so lucky this year to have the Holidays together as a family since Ben was deployed last year for them all. Many of the floats at the parade today paid tribute to the Service Men and Women who are deployed...please take the extra time this Holiday Season to put them in your thoughts and prayers, both them and their families...I found myself choked up a few times remembering my feelings during the Holidays last year while Ben was gone.

6 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Looks like a fun time for you guys. I am glad that Ben is here this year! I cannot imagine how that must feel, to spend the Holidays without your loved ones.

Lisa Brown said...

How fun! You guys are always getting out there and doing whatever fun community thing there is to do. I didn't even know they had a parade :).

Julia said...

Nice update but what's up with the picture of us?! Oh well I guess I can't hide the pounds :)! I hope you are feeling better.

The Barton Family said...

I wish there would have been something like that when I was there. It sounds fun! Did you find a friend Snickers?

Mommacita said...

Can't get over how stinkin cute my little kiddos are. Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun. We never do fun stuff like that--it's work, work, work.

Julia said...

Ok now! New update! :)