Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa made a stop at our house!

We hope everyone had a very merry and fun Christmas! We had a great day here and the best part was we got to be together as a family! It was fun to be able to start a few new traditions with our lil family of 4. We missed all our Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, and Cousins tons and tons though and hope next year we will be able to celebrate and share the Holidays with them!

On Christmas Eve we hung out with the Sullivan Family (aka the Sullys) Chaos was had by all and some yummy food...but really what better way to celebrate!?! Julia and I got to cook together for everyone and that was loads of fun. The men and had some Army talk, Julia and I wrapped a few gifts, and the kids ranamuck...how much more fun can 9 people have. We had a birthday cake for Jesus then parted ways and went home to open one gift each. SURPRISE we each opened new PJs!


The kids were not disappointed Christmas morning with what Santa brought...and from the looks of it Santa must have not been sneaking a peek on their bad days bc only good kids would have made the haul they did! Some of their loot included: a doll house, a baby along with a giant horse for it to ride, new barbies, movies, games, new kitchen toys, a remote control monster truck, a helicopter, art easle, a pirate ship, giant floor puzzles, and lots more junk thats cluttering the house! Ben and I just did stockings for each other but he did a great job on mine and I would like to think I did a great job on his! We went and saw Bed Time Stories later in the afternoon...that was a fun trip out on Christmas Day and it was a really cute movie! I'm sad the big day is over but I'm happy to see the Holidays almost gone, I'm not looking forward to taking down all this Christmas garb but I'm excited to see it go...I'm sure I'm not making much sense...guess its just mixed emotions! O and let me add it was 80 deg here on Christmas...hmmm thats just not Christmas weahter!


Now its on to wishing a Happy New Year to y'all!

5 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Sounds like your Christmas was awesome! Santa was good to the Trezise kids too, even if they are not so good sometimes! :) Avery really ahould have gotten coal! We got a new ktichen too, and all the kiddos LOVE it!

Lisa Brown said...

It sounds like a fun Christmas. And I think Santa did the same thing at our house, turning a blind eye to my kids' bad days :).

Mommacita said...

Glad you all had a nice Christmas. Ours was good too. Would have been better if we'd had some grandkids around but we'll hope for next year! Can't believe that you thought Santa might not visit cuz your kids are naughty. Not your kids, Amber. They are always perfect angels when I have them!!!

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

The best thing about Christmas Eve are the PJs!!!! That's my fav. anyway :)

How did you find Mrs. Bridges blog? She is so dang cute! She actually lives in St. George, by some people I know and then she teaches at a middle school w one of my friends-small world!! I saw her a couple days ago and Bed Bath and Beyond trying to find xmas gifts, but couldn't find things for other people so she got herself a COOL waffle maker that flips-she is one of the best teachers I've had, and she's still just as cool as she used to be! I guess living in a smaller town (that's growing) ya see more people ya know-and I didn't know she had twins!!

So glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm in Layton now, freezing-thinking that 80 degree weather sounds FABULOUS! I'm so jealous!

Rain said...

santa made a stop at my house as well