Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun and Traditions

We started our Halloween night off with dinner in a pumpkin. Pais chopped the veggies for it, Easton gutted the pumpkin and then we all enjoyed our festive dinner!


Then the Army Guy (minus the "itchy" face paint this time) and Cheerleader got their costumes on and off they went, dragged by Ben kicking and screaming to collect him some candy


The "loot" was combined and feasting was unsupervised for one night because then the Snitch Witch (AKA Ben...hence the reason he wanted them to get lots of candy) flew in on a broom, took the candy, and replaced it with a much loved Transformer and Ballerina Barbie.


Halloween was fun this year and the kids loved being a part of the traditions!
Here's Pais cheering about her brother being an Army Guy and Bella wanting to be in on the Cheerleader fun...

7 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. I loved the clip with Paisley and the puppy! Too cute!

wilkesfamilyblog said...

I love the idea of replacing the candy with a toy

The Barton Family said...

What cute traditions!! I will have to get your dinner in a pumpkin recipe. That sounds like a fun idea for dinner. I like the "snitch witch" too. We thought about doing something similar, but of course I thought about it Friday night at about 10pm! I Pais's belly hanging out of her costume. It looks like mine will soon!

Mommacita said...

Cute! Loved the pics of the kids. When you guys were little we used to do the dinner in the pumpkin thing as well. I remember doing it when we lived in Illinois. Love the Snitch Witch idea. Better than having a ton of candy laying around and tempting me! Poor Pais--can't even get a cheer in cuz of Bella! Better send her here where Bailey would leave her to business since she is scared of her own shadow.

Lisa Brown said...

I love how Paisley's cute belly is hanging out of her cheerleader outfit - so cute :). I love how you switched the candy out - awesome!

Jennifer said...

Everyones said it. Love the traditions! I put all the kids candy on the table and let them take turns picking there favs until they each had 20 pieces. The rest of the candy went in the trash.

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

AMBER!!! I saw you left a comment on my sisters blog! Your kids are soo stinkin cute! You look so great! I love your fam pics! Do you still keep in touch with Ashley Evans? Looks like you guys are doing well-I didn't realize that it was so green in Georgia-your house is really nice, and your car is awesome! I still live in St. George, and every time I go by SBSU I think of you and Alisha! PLEASE keep in touch-you are such a great mom/wife! I too love to scrapbook and make cards, right now I'm working on a recipe book/scrapbook! Your card is so creative! So glad you found my sister's blog!