Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ahoy Me Mateys!

Easton celebrated his 5th birthday with friends on Saturday...yup you guessed it...we did it Pirate Style. I'm totally bummed because we didn't take any pics really but we had 12 kids at it plus Easton and Pais so truly it was CHAOS! We did have lots of fun and I was told by Easton that I'm the best mom EVER so really that made all the pain and suffering worth it! We started it off coloring Pirate pictures while we waited for everyone to get here...let me tell you that was the best idea I have ever had bc not a single kid ventured into our bedrooms and destroyed while we waited that weird half hour for everyone to get there. I was excited because we had put on the invites that they needed to dress in their Pirate best and almost every kid did it was so cute! Again I'm sad theres no pics! We played sink the ship and the winner got to be the Captain of one of the Treasure Hunt teams (Birthday boy was the other captn of course!) Then we did a Treasure Hunt outside that I'm weirdly proud of and at the end there was the "loot" aka party bags filled with necessary pirate accessory's. After gifts, cake, and ice cream we were done but everyone lingered and the kids ran a muck outside. It really was so much fun...if any of you ever want to do a Pirate party call me I have ENDLESS ideas now of things to do!

The Birthday Boy in his Pirate Best
The croc is gonna get the Pirate hat! Ahhhhh! This cake was such a pain but its my own fault! I tried to take the easy lazy way out and use store bought frosting when I should have made my own so that it would be easier to decorate with and of course waited til way last minute. Ben had a friend he works with and his wife over Fri night for games and they stayed til almost 1 am so I didn't even start the cake til Sat morning. Of course the icing was so soft it was running right off the hat...when I finally wanted to give in and go buy a cake Ben jumped in and saved the day and made the skull and cross bones with marsh mellows...TA DA what a genius! Reason a million thirteen and a half hes a keeper ;)

Chaos! Ben tried one picture and then declared defeat! So sad...but this is the opening presents mess
And I have to post the treasure hunt...we divided into 2 teams both teams had the same clues just in different order and they ran between the front and back yards looking for the clues...we ended up dividing boys against girls and of course bc Ben helped the boys cheat they won...wait we actually just let them who wants weeping boys at a Pirate party;)
Ahoy Me Mateys, the time has come to find the hidden treasure, ye'll sure have fun. Follow the rules along ye trip or walk the plank and sink yer ship. Now mateys listen, here are ye rules. no fighting, no pushing, stay a group and no running ahead. Me Hearties, the hunts to begin, may all ye ships come in to win. Here is ye first clue, the game has begun, lets all be sure to have lots of fun.

Clue 1: A pirates life is the life for me, look for a birdbath under a tree
Clue 2: As any pirate ought to know...this is where the palm tree grows.
Clue 3: To find the next clue, all hands on deck...hurry up, before the ship is wrecked
Clue 4: Shiver me Timbers theres lots of gates but ones a double so take yer ship through it and don’t be late
Clue 5 :Land lubbers Cove is next, sea dog...now look for a caged white dog
Clue 6: Cannon balls wont knock down this tree its limbs are so long it stretches to the sea
Clue 7 :One more clue and the treasure is yers...look for "Capt'n Quarters" on the doors
Clue 8: Sit down and wait for all ye ships to arrive,and then yell get the big surprise

6 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Glad it went well! I am sad you didnt get more pics. The cake turned out great!

Mommacita said...

Sounds like it was tons of fun! The cake turned out super cute. Can't believe that E is 5. Man, where has the time gone? You are so clever, Amber. Wish I could have been there--maybe I could have been the photographer!

Trezise Momma said...

Fab party as usual, Girl. Are we surprised? Nah, Amber is Super Mom!!! I cannot believe our first babies are turning 5. Weren't we just arfing our guts out together and demanding lighty toasted bread with butter to calm our tummies? Little did we know that that was just the beginning.

Lisa Brown said...

I love the cake! Did you think of the idea on your own? So cool!

Xander Man said...

I have to admit that cake is wicked cool!!!!! I wish you lived out here or I traveled the world and could come visit you...maybe one day soon:)

wilkesfamilyblog said...

you have to be the most creative person I know. Looked like fun. I loved the cake. remember when we made the thomas pinata? :) fun times