Friday, August 7, 2009

Super Cute...Super Easy...Super Cheap!

Pais has been seen around town sporting this newest fashion trend and let me tell ya I'm getting waaaaay too much credit for these shirts! First of all my mom helped with them (OK wait, she did most the work) second of all they are super easy...I mean 15 minutes easy and third like $5 cheap...whoa nelly right...yeah I know! So let me tell you about them. Sorry about the model...she refused to be cute she said...yup she succeeded.
Get 2 bandannas and some ribbon (that's it...told ya cheap and easy) Pull out you sewing machine dust it off and here we go...
Pick the tops of your 2 bandannas then take the width of your ribbon plus a little, fold over and sew. This will be the "neck" and the casing for your ribbon.

Measure down from the ribbon casing 6 in and sew to the bottom on the side. This will make the armholes and obviously sew your front to your back.

Cut 2 pieces of ribbon the length of the shirt plus about 10 inches and thread it through and TA DA your done!

So here's the best part...ya ready...one size fits all. Have a baby? Perfect its a dress. Have a toddler? Pair it with leggings and its a shirt dress. Have a older child? Put it with shorts and its just a shirt. Is it cold where you are? Who cares put a turtleneck under it...super cute I promise!
If you live by a Hobby Lobby consider yourself lucky...they have tons of way cute choices for bandanna's...even some with rhinestones! Love it? So do we!
Get creative! We have one with boa type feathers on the bottom...jealous...I knew it!

HAVE FUN! Pais has about 6 of them and we cant stop ourselves there toooooo cute!



Feeling Lucky? Well I'm feeling generous so leave me a comment and on Monday night I will randomly pick a winner and send you a FREE one! What can I say...I'm a giver!


6 comments:

Wherethe3wildthingsare said...

i have tons of fabric. lets plan a time and im coming over!

pais is SUPER cute as a model even if she has a sour face.

The Barton Family said...

I want one- even though we already have some. They are very cute and unique! Love ya sis!```

Lisa Brown said...

What a fun idae :).

Mommacita said...

You are tooo funny. It was fun making them and being adventurous with the fabric and trimmings. I can't wait to see how cute they will be this winter with turtlenecks underneath. Pais makes a super cute model even with the grumpy little face. Love my girls!!

Ashley Harris said...

WHAT!!?? How cute. I will have to make matching ones for Carly and Sarah. Fun. Miss you tons!

Heywood Family said...

Thanks for the instructions. I need to have my sister-in-law check them out (she can make some for me)!
Dana