Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Their So Vain They Probably Think This Post Is About Them!


(This is an awful pic from my cell phone but I love how they let me dress them alike! E doesnt love it but he lets me!)
See those cute lil faces above? Well... I have come to realize vanity is a problem at our house. Neither one doubt their cuteness and value in society...especially in the world of 5 and 6 yr old love. Every mother wants confident children but sometimes I wonder if they both could use a bit of reality. Here are just a few of our everyday conversations we have had lately.
Me: "Easton you look handsome today."  Easton: "MOM! I know! I hear about it all day long at school please don't make me hear it at home!"

Easton: "I don't have a girlfriend because how do I pick just one when they all love me?"

Easton: "Pais the girls in your class think I'm cute and stare at me that's why I come and sit by you in the car line now."

Pais: "Mom, have you ever known a 5 yr old with so many ex-boyfriends?"

Me: "Pais, how was school?" Pais: "Good, everyone loved my hair bow and shoes" Me: "Really everyone?" Pais: "yes mom, everyone ALWAYS loves my shoes and hair bows!"

Paisley was asked out for ice cream by a little boy Easton plays football with and her response to him asking her "Perfect timing I just broke up with all my other boyfriends!" then as we are walking away she says "I knew Christian always loved me!"

Sometimes I'm tempted to lock my kids in their rooms and hope and pray the world wont touch them. Ben has his hands full with Pais and the boys now what o what will he do when shes a teenager? We are already running into the issue of Eastons friends like Pais and Paisleys friends like Easton. What happened to girls and boys are icky!?! PLEASE make them stop growing up and PLEASE I pray they start believing in cooties!

2 comments:

Mommacita said...

I'll start including cooties in my prayers here. Maybe Georgia will get hit with an epidemic this year!! Love those two monkies! Hate to say it Rem. but you deserve them!!!! Love ya!

Lisa Brown said...

He he! You are going to have so much fun sharing these conversations with them when they get older :).