Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh How They Grow!

It is that time of year already...back to school! I think I am in the handful of moms who actually dread sending my kids back. I love having them home during the day with me. The kids love a break from me though...can you blame them and now that we are adjusted to it I will admit I enjoy it as well. It feels like such a long day for them now I drop them both off at 8ish and I pick them back up at 3:15. I'm in utter disbelief and shock that time has just flown passed me and I now have a first grader and kindergartner now. I didn't realize until I walked back into an empty house that maybe our family isn't complete and I'm not done having little ones at home. Guess I better open a daycare ;)
Their first day was fantastic and they loved every minute of their new school. The schools out here are like a compound. There is one school that has Pre-k and then the next one has Kindergarten and 1st grade, then the next school has 2nd and 3rd grade, then the next school has 4th and 5th. All of these schools are separate but in the same giant area. There is a chaotic yet totally organized driving route to drop off and pick up and each school just has one way in and one way out. I remember when I was in school and when the bell rang we were out the door and on our way but not here the kids are all "held" in the cafeteria and then as each car pulls up they write down the info off the tag and go into the cafeteria and call there little code names and then bring the kids out and load them.
We had our dear friends the Heywood's staying with us while they moved into a new house (welcome back Heywood's...yay!) so all the kiddos got to start the first day together. Look at how Easton towers over Dylan...they are both the same age and Nov babies. Miss Maggie is in PreK. These kids love each other and its great having friends that all get along so well!
Didn't they all look smashing!?!

2 comments:

Mommacita said...

Cute pics, super cute kiddos, nuff said! Love you all!

Heywood Family said...

Ohhh...look at the cute kiddies! I need to send my family to look at your blog so they can see pics of the kids on the first day of school (I am such a blog slacker!) Thanks for letting us crash with you--you're the best!
Dana