Monday, March 1, 2010

Dad your services are needed!

I havent posted in forever...thats the story of my life with this blog and the RS one of course. Did ya miss me!?! Bummer I didnt think so.
BUUUUT let me catch you up a lil on life anyway. While my loverly parents were here for a visit...yes that was allllllll the way back in 2009 (December to be exact)  
(loverly parents)

They did this
Yup...correct DESTROYED the kids bathroom. In fact I worked the night before and when I woke up I saw that and
this
and this white dust covered the whole house
but then after a few days of hardwork, countless and I truly mean countless trips to Lowes my Dad managed to make it look like this

yes we are now void the nasty molded 1980s shower walls and broken faucets
and guess what!?!
It still looks just like that...well except now theres a shower curtain. Nope I havent even painted the walls around the shower.
Pais informed me just last night "mom...Im not going to shower in here anymore until you fix the paint!" That comment didnt motivate me...in fact it just made me pitty her lil friends at school bc Puff is gonna be smelly!!! Dad...please come finish what you started in the bathroom...dont you know the rules...you should always leave it better then how you found it!!!

ooh look! Heres the proof you started this job...now come finish!

4 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Ha Ha!! You crack me up! Something tells me mom won't let you have him! He will probably enjoy visiting us this year, it will the first time in who knows how long we haven't put him to work ourselves. Can't make improvements to our Communist housing!

Mommacita said...

HeeHee! You're shameful! Come on Amber, its not like you are busy or anything ;) get that darn bathroom painted! Poor Pais will definetely be the talk of the entire school when the wind starts blowing this spring! Bet it wouldn"t take ya but an afternoon to get it done. Dad always says he loves to do projects but he won't do the painting. Why do ya think I'm still unfinished in all my paint projects???? Plumber-check; Electrician-check; furniture builder-check; floor installer-check; house builder-check; yard doer-check; car trouble shooter-check; computer guru-check; horse breaker/rider-check; demolition man-check; deck builder-check; cow gatherer-check; mean Battle Ship player-check; all around nice guy-check!; painter-oops, no check here-gotta do the DIY approach or hire a professional--always been that way!! I still love him tho!

Trezise Momma said...

Amber, you make me laugh! I just painted the trim in my kiddo's bathroom, and I hated every moment of it. I am with your Dad on no painting thing!

Unknown said...

That's a sweet looking shower! I hate painting.......