Friday, December 4, 2009

You're invited to our pity party...

Life has been busy busy around our house lately but today I finally stayed in and did nothing...I mean nothing... but I did miss this boy (see pic below if your not sure who) and maybe even shed a tear over him. I pulled it all together in time for Easton to come home and it all to fall apart again. It started with Pais who stubbed her toe and in major tears proclaimed "I need daddy to kiss it better" I thought gee wouldn't that be nice. Easton then came to me with frustrated tears and said "Mom...I miss dad...I cant get allllll these Lego sets together alllllll by myself" so of course I cried with him and then because mom was crying we all cried together.
I hope America loves and appreciates this husband father and solider tonight because his family sure misses him and I would like to think maybe just maybe our sacrifices will one day better this country.
Ben we love you...words are just not enough.

4 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Okay, totally bawling right now. I would blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but I know that soldiers and their families, especially those from our family, hold a special place in my heart. You are all in our prayers.

Mommacita said...

Oh Amber, I'm sooooo sorry that you and your kiddos have to be apart from Ben. I know how hard it is and how you kinda fake it most days just to get through--for the kids, Ben, and everyone but you. Hang in there kiddo. I know that the Lord loves you all and watches over you too. Hopefully time will pass quickly and you will all be reunited again. Call me when you need a shoulder to cry on--been there done that--remember? Love you guys soooo much. Looking forward to when I can squeeze you and the kids in person. Until then.......keep holding on!

The Barton Family said...

Dang Sis! I'm sorry that you have to do this. I too admire families like yours that are willing to make sacrafices for the freedoms that we all enjoy. I have no great words of widom- but I love you! Hang in there! I did a great quote from Raquel- The days are long but the years are short! I hope the days feel short too until he comes home.

Lisa Brown said...

You deserve to have as many pity parties as you want to have. And I have to say, that is an awesome picture of Ben.