Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its all very "Silly"

Each and every time I buy my kids a pack of these darn bracelets I cant help but wish I was the weirdo who invented these! Honestly stretchy lil bracelets that are shapes? Who knew they could be such a hit. The kids have millions...I do mean millions. In fact dear Pais who has about double the amount as Easton can layer them from her wrists to her elbows on both arms and still have some on her ankles plus a few laying around the house. I find them all over, the car, laundry hamper, floor, bathtub, they even stick them on me when I go to work to share with the sick kids (which never happens since Michelle steals them!) I can bribe my kids to do anything for a pack of Silly Bandz though so for that I am grateful for the dumbest invention ever!

 Here the kids are decked out after church one day...
yes they wore all those with their
 nice church clothes (I'm picking my battles!)


 Amongst the millions they each manage to have a favorite.
 I'm not sure what Eastons is but Pais of course is her
 favorite princess Sleeping Beauty.

After we took pics of all the Silly Band fun I put the camera down to take a lil nap and here's what happened....




 Pais took a self portrait...a pretty good one even
 Then E got in on the fun...cute kids!

Then of me napping...
They are so proud of this...in fact they said they were going to tell Grandma on me. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I learned this from my mom. In fact...I remember growing up and my mom would make us have quiet times conveniently during the hours of Oprah or General Hospital...hmmmm yes I remember mom! Plus we all know Sunday naps are a must and she always indulges!  So go ahead and tell on me dangit!


And just a few more blog worthy items:
We get our Benji back in about a week! Can you believe we survived a year...a whole year!?! Its funny because I can remember so vividly when he first left and thinking about the day he had a month left then a week then a few days and I thought it would never get here. So much has changed this last year and its funny how different of a place we are in now then we were when Ben left. I cant decide if its all been good or bad but I know for sure I am ready for it to be over.  I'm done living in survival mode and I'm ready to be a family who lives together and get on with our lives and not have another deployment luming over us in a year or two. Two is plenty for this family. Ben is getting out of the Army the 1st of Jan and he is going back to school for Physical Therapy. I'm excited for him since I think this is a great field and he will be awesome in it but I'm nervous for the move. I enjoy moving but this one is different because of a few things and its not to my ideal location but it is only for about a year and then Army Baylor in Texas is our goal. I'm sad to leave our home and our dear friends but somewhat relieved to move on from Ft Stewart and I'm sorry but I'm going to admit it but my church responsibilities as well.  We are headed to the St. Louis area which puts us closer to my fam (yay) and since it appears they have winter weather there I suppose its time to invest in winter shoes and actual coats...I will miss my warm SAV!


3 comments:

Mommacita said...

Love the pics of the kiddos. LOVE the one of you napping--glad to see you are a smart mother like your mother was when she was in the throws of raising kids. When an opportunity to nap presents itself, you MUST act on it! You swore an oath before you left heaven! Just for the record, I did watch Oprah on a regular basis (I don't now though--she's gotten too liberal for me and my skewed views of life and it's inhabitants) but I swore off GH like 25 or 26 years ago. Honestly, I haven't watched it since. Smut TV at it's best.....

Heywood Family said...

I would just like to thank you and your kiddies for introducing my kids to silly bandz;( grrrr!

Lisa Brown said...

I love that they took a picture of you while you were sleeping - so fun!