Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End!

I am sad to report that I am jumping off the Diet Coke bandwagon...SHOCKING...yes I know! I have come to realize Diet Coke is a scheme...yes a scheme! I have to thank it for all the years of tuff times it has seen me through...it truly has been my liquid sanity! This morning when I awoke to find NO diet coke in the fridge (end of the world really!) for breakfast and almost had a nervous breakdown it was then and there I realized I'm attached, it has taken control, and I'm gonna kick it for no other reason then to prove to myself I can. I enjoy every cold delish sip but my hiney is still BIG, my thighs still jiggle, and I have hit rock bottom drinking it for my first meal of the day...so good bye friend you are a scheme and there is nothing diet about you! Wish me luck and pray for anyone who comes in contact with me the next few days (especailly poor ole Ben and the kiddos) and consider this an apology in advance for whatever might fly out of my mouth.

9 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Oh Amber, you crack me up! Good luck with life, sans diet coke. You have loved it since I can remember! It is as much a part of as your red hair. I guess you will just have to attach to another form of "liquid sanity", but let us hope it is not worse for you that your old stand by! Love you, girl!

Mommacita said...

WHAT? Are you really out of your mind? FINALLY? Give up Diet Coke? That would be the end of life as I know it!! It would be easier for me to give up your Dad than to give up DC!! Nothing cures a headache better than a Diet Coke!! My life would never be the same. Hey, good luck with the punishment and torture that you are about to inflict upon yourself and your sweet fam. Keep me posted, sista!! One positive would be the money you can bank giving up the bad habit!! Maybe you could buy an airline ticket to Utah!!!

Amber said...

Tara shhh! I work very hard for people to not know I'm a natural red head! Dangit girl i might as well go natural now and really what fun is that!?! Ill start saving my 85cents a day and as soon as I have enough to fly to hootah I'm there momma! Thanks for all the well wishes I'm sad already by this!

Mommacita said...

DC is the nectar of the Gods and since I hope someday to be Godlike, why mess with fine tuning my tastebuds!! Maybe in my next life! How's it going? I would have done a face job on someone by now and I don't mean Plastic Surgery!!

The Barton Family said...

Two months Diet COke free for me and I rarely miss it! Hang in there! You can do it!! I might not call for a few days. . . Let's see a post of your new hair.

Trezise Momma said...

My apologies for letting the cat out of the bag on the hair color issue. I would kill for fabulous red locks, but I must shell out the bucks to accomplish that look, so I stay poo brown and save my money. So, it has been three days now. How are things going? How are the children? Ben?

Trezise Momma said...

BTW-tell your Momma to invite me to her blog. taratrezise@yahoo.com
I love to see how the whole fam is, and I miss seeing her. Love you, Anut DeAnn!!!

Jennifer said...

So, Amber...I am headed out on some errands I can totally stop at Parkers and pick you to a nice LARGE DC and bring it your way! Totally kidding. Just testing to see how strong you are girl! My hubby goes back and forth with giving soda up then succoming to its powers of temptation.

JUST DO IT! NEVER AGAIN. Think of what it is doing to your stomach. Gross!!!

Lisa Brown said...

Hopefully you will be more successful than Kevin is whenever he tries to go off Mountain Dew. He only makes it a few months every time he tries. I have faith in you though. I would suggest finding a healthy replacement, so that you have something to fill the void until you are free :). Good luck :).